Walking for Heart Health Study
We are seeking eligible women who are 18 years old or older to participate in a 10 week long walking program in Delhi, NY. This study involves the participant to be screened for eligibility on 5/20/14 in Delhi, NY. If the individual is selected to partici-pate they should be available on 5/22/14 to receive a free cholesterol screening and walking test. Each selected participant will also receive a free pedometer to track activity over the course of the 10 weeks. After the 10 weeks participant outcomes will be measured in a post –test on 7/30 & 7/31. All pre and post testing will be conduct-ed in Delhi, NY and requires participant availability on those dates.
Sponsored by the Cornell Cooperative Extension Delaware County, the Delaware County Rural Healthcare Alliance & Binghamton University’s Decker School of Nursing
You are eligible if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- BMI is greater than 24
- Systolic blood pressure (BP) less than 160 and diastolic BP less than 100
- Current tobacco use or use within the past year
- Inactive or sedentary
You may not be eligible if you have or have had:
- Surgery to promote weight loss
- BMI (body mass index) of 40 or more
- Systolic BP greater than 161 and diastolic BP greater than 101
- History of heart attack or heart failure, stroke, or inability to exercise.
Please contact Libby Marigliano if interested in participating: